3.01.2008

March Madness

So it's March, which means around offices, bars, and homes everywhere, you'll start seeing brackets popping up everywhere.

The Year of Joe isn't going to be any different...well, actually I will be.

I want to do a bracket and allow you to vote and pick winners but it has nothing to do with college basketball. This weekend I will unveil my 16 (well, it'll be 15 plus a play-in game) "team" bracket that I'd like all my faithful readers to participate in.

Intrigued? Good! Check back in a day or two to see what I'm getting at!

* * * * *

Happy birthday to the following dignitaries (from oldest to youngest):

Frederic "Fucking" Chopin, famous composer
March 1, 1810

Glenn Miller, famous "Big Band" musician
March 1, 1904

Harry Caray, Hall of Fame broadcaster
March 1, 1914

Pete Rozelle, legendary NFL commissioner
March 1, 1926

Alan Thicke*, "Growing Pains" star
March 1, 1947

*I just found out Alan Thicke is father of R&B crooner Robin Thicke. I never knew!

Ron Howard, uber- actor/producer/director
March 1, 1954

Javier Bardem, Oscar-winning actor
March 1, 1969

Mark-Paul Gosselaar, aka Zack Morris
March 1, 1974

Others born on 3/1 include Ralph "The Invisible Man" Ellison, Harry "Day-Oh!" Belafonte, Roger "The Who" Daltry, Tim "Wings" Daly, NHL Hall of Famer Ron Francis, NBA baller Chris Webber, Roxy Ryder, star of such films as "Filthy's Monster Cocks" and "Who's Your Mommie? 2" and Mike Ellis, owner of Riley's, the best bar in Long Beach.

Oh, and me!

4 comments:

AJ said...

http://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/images/DirkBenedictApr.jpg

Also: Happy birthday to Dirk Benedict of The A-Team.

Kory said...

"...Riley's, the best bar in Long Beach." ...Really? I can think of a few others that put Riley's at the back of the pack.

Nicholas said...

Three things;
1. Happy b-day sorry I was late
2. Did you know Mark-Paul Gosselaar now races track bikes? Check this article with pics of him after a good crash. http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3769
3. Speaking of birthdays! My LB resident card expires in on my B-day in April! What am I going to do with you gone? I'm was stupid and moved to Lakewood (I’m perched on the boarder, Carson and Bellflower across from the park)!

j.h.k. said...

4 days and counting...still waiting.

I've never even been to Riley's so I doubt it could be the best bar in Long Beach. This reeks of pandering.