3.07.2008

And the courting begins...

As detailed yesterday, I received a FastTrack communication from Lindsay, my latest potential life-mate via eHarmony.

Her profile was interesting, she was quite attractive, and hell, she wants to communicate right away! Did I have any other choice but to contact her and start this relationship ball rolling?

Lindsay,

Like you, I'm pretty new to eHarmony...kinda of a weird situation, yeah?

Glad to hear you are interested, as I am too! I saw you put "self employed" on your profile...what exactly is that? I also saw you enjoy golfing...awesome! I played some college golf, just became a professional golfer and currently work in the golf industry. What a great game! Maybe we'll go to the driving range sometime?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Joe
Sincere, sweet and to the point.

Like I said, I'm really looking foward to hearing from her.

(12 minutes later...)

Hey oh! Quick response back! I love it! Let's see what she has to say...

Hello Joe,

How are you today??? I read your very profile and not only did I really like what I read about you, but I was laughing so hard!! You are very funny. I couldn't wait to go through guided communication so I decided to go for the fast track..., which I enjoyed very much and happy you responded. You sound very sincere and special. If possible, I would love to get to know you.

You wanted to know why I decided to join eHarmony and it's because of the loneliness I've experienced this last year until now; I pray things work out...

More about me: I am single (never married!), born in Miami, went to school at the University of South Carolina, and recently reside in Newport Beach. I find very much peace and tranquility here. So, yeah, I'm glad you saw my job was "Self-Employed". Some people think that means unemployed but I'm not! I sell sculptures, beads, gold, etc. It's beautiful and fun.

You already read my profile but here's more about me (get ready for a book!): athletic build, mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, good listening, God Fearing, and a positive person. I am real easy person to talk to and a good listener. I enjoy chilling with my loved ones, I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room, I like swimming, fishing, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, traveling, going bowling and also a good cook, I can make crepes, pasta, Italian, and anything from scrap I am a family oriented person and there is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself... :)

I am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today, I want to know more about your family, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. So come on and share it all with me. I want to learn about you and what makes up your heart and soul, as the friendship I want to build with you I want it to be like no other you have ever shared in or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, spirituality and potential.

I know that there is no barrier too great for God, when He chooses to bring two people together; I am at a point in my life where I would always be honest with the chosen one, and be there with the one God has for me 24/7.

I look forward to hearing from you with anticipation. It is better to try and fail than to give up and never know if you could have succeeded.

Warmest Thoughts,
Lindsay

BTW, I love your glasses in your pictures! So cute!


Here's what I'm thinking:

1) She likes me! She still really likes me!

2) Her line "the loneliness I've experienced this last year until now" is a bit sad. Creepy, but sad.

3) University of South Carolina, eh? Not the USC I'd prefer, but I do like my women to be edumacated.

4) "Sculptures, beads, gold, etc." Whoa, whoa, whoa..."etc." is Latin for "and the rest (of such things)" and really should be used when naming same like items in a group. "Scultpures, beads, gold"? Those aren't really related...what's she leaving off with the "etc."? Car mufflers? Chinese immigrants? Human organs?

5) When you put "mentally stable" second on a list of traits...chances are you aren't mentally stable.

6) "Watching movies in my room"...Padded, I'm sure.

7) Amanda pointed something out to me: Amanda's a fantastic cook, and even she doesn't even make anything from "scape". Lindsay must have some culinary game!

8) I like that she's interested all about me but she wants to know about my "past relationships"? Maybe it's my insecurities, but I don't even want to know who a girl I'm interested in talked to yesterday, let along what their past relationships were!

9) "I love your glasses in your pictures! So cute!" It works everytime (50% of the time).

Okay, okay...maybe I'm being too harsh. It's just a stupid email, right? I'll write her back tonight. Maybe I'll get a better vibe from the next email.

0 comments: