1.30.2007

'Til Tuesday

Of course it rains on my day off!

So not only did it put somewhat of a damper (no pun intended) on the morning but the one day I'm not at work, it's slow.

And I'm one of the few people who love the rain! I may have to rethink my position on it now.

Incredible.

Then again, it only was raining early this morning. I still got all my chores and errands done, was able to stroll down 2nd Street and still ran tonight.

And speaking of my evening exercise, I noticed two things:

1) I purchased Breathe Right strips earlier today to help with my breathing when I run. So the great news is I'm breathing easier. Bad news is I'm fully aware now of my funk when I run.

2) For the holidays, I was given a Nike Dri-Fit long sleeve shirt. Let me tell you, it does wonders. It's amazing how even our clothing has been improved through technology. But hear me this Phil Knight, Under Armour and any other clothing company; I've got one problem with your active performance wear: Nipple chafing. And I'm not about to go out and start purchasing these. (Sidenote: Dear God, man. If you start bleeding from the nipples, STOP RUNNING!) So for me and other men who suffer from this horrible affliction, please see what you can do to help. Thank you.

5 comments:

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

If you do get some nip guards make sure you get an extra one for your third nipple.

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH!!! How...? What the? Who would...? Why?
"Yeah I had to pull out with a mile and half to go."
"Cramping in the legs?"
"Nah, My NIPPLES STARTED BLEEDING!!!"

Unknown said...

Just more proof that running is an evil communist plot to destroy the nipples of America.

Anonymous said...

I have a tube of these on my dresser as we speak. They were given to me by a guy who ran the LA marathon last year. I have been experimenting with different shirt types so I don't have to use them. I'm up to 6 miles right now, and have had no problems, so we'll see when I do my 12 mile run this weekend.

j.h.k. said...

"I was given a Nike Dri-Fit long sleeve shirt"?!

By whom, Santa Claus? Did it fall from the sky? Or did some really cool bestest buddy give it you?