2.13.2007

Things I Love

As promised, here's a list of just a few things that I love, an idea inspired by my bud John.

Breakfast at night
I love a hearty, four-course meal as much as the next guy, but there's something so comforting and simple about a big bowl of cereal late at night or scrambled eggs and toast after a long day of work. I'm even a bigger fan of having breakfast after hours at hole-in-the-wall diners.

Driving for no reason
Although it's not very conducive in this age of costly petrol, I absolutely love just driving. No set destination. No plans where I'll turn next. I'm very solitary by nature, so I really enjoy being by myself and just taking in the road in front of me. Usually it's a drive up the coast in the afternoon and soaking up the view of the ocean, but my favorite is driving at night, windows down and heater on, with some great music and just heading south.

Baseball
It's the greatest game. I love to watch it. I love to play it. I love to read about it. I love to try and dissect it and its stats. Not only is the game wonderful, but so are some of the residuals. The sound of the crack of bat against ball. The smell of peanuts and hot dogs. The eternal debating in bars and living rooms. Give me baseball or give me death, I say.

The area on a woman between the neck and shoulder
There are a lot of parts of the female that attract me: eyes, smile and legs are three that I constantly find myself checking out. But there's just something about that tiny area just at the bottom of the neck, just below the shoulder. I don't know what it is about it. But damn it, I love it. I doubly love it if I catch you caressing or rubbing it. Sweet Jesus. I think the Devil said it best (Pacino in 'Devil's Advocate'):

"A woman's shoulders are the frontlines of her mystique. And her neck, if she's alive, has the very mystery of a border town."

In case you can't picture the spot I'm waxing poetic about, here's my girl Evangeline Lilly to show us all just what I mean:




Sushi
I've only been eating sushi for about four years now, but it's easily leapfrogged the likes of pizza, steak, club sandwich and calamari for the title of "Favorite food". If not for the price, I could eat sushi every day. If I ever strike it rich, there will be a sushi chef on staff at my palatial estate at all times.

Holding hands
Not that I've done much of this lately, but from what I remember -- sigh . . . -- I love it. While it's perhaps the most simple form of physical affection, it really works, at least for me. Do it walking, do it while cuddled on the couch, it's all the same. It's constant holding, it's a sense of security, it's love broken down to it's essence. If you love someone, hold their hand tomorrow.

The piano
I wish I could play the darn thing. I think the piano produces the most beautiful music. The piano can bridge any musical style to my liking. And it doesn't even have to be very complex playing. Just the soft pounding of the keys can get me all happy. For example, the piano in Coldplay's "Trouble" just rocks me.

A cool pillow
You know what I'm talking about. The moment you lay your face on it, a calmness just rushes over you. If this company ever goes public, I'll be first in line to invest.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love 5 of the 8 things you love. Hmmm... but which 5???? ;-)