1.06.2007

Straight Trippin'

File this under "You Know You Work Too Much When. . ."

I was out of the office for two days in a row last week and people having been asking me "Did you go on vacation?"

No, I didn't. I took two days off. You know, like a weekend?

* * * * *

One of my least favorite phrases has finally jumped the shark.

The phrase?

"Jumped the shark".

* * * * *

Whenever I go to Starbucks, I never give my real name. Is that weird?

The name I falsely give 99% of the time is "Tripp, with two P's." I got the name from the character Trip Fontaine from "The Virgin Suicides." The best part of the name Tripp -- other than that it's rare and quirky -- is that I always tell them my name is Tripp, pause while they scribble it down on the cup, then add "with two P's" and amusingly, they always grab the cup and add the second P, as if it made a difference. Why the two P's? 'Cuz Tripp is even more rare and quirkier than Trip.

Now that I know is weird.

0 comments: